Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
"If I know anything in this world, it is this: the feds have a hard-on for and vendetta against Joey Merlino to such a degree that its palpable in everything they do, every move, every action, every word – I personally know of a handful of just everyday citizens that have had to interact with Merlino since his release from his most-recent RICO bust in early 2011 and were promptly apprehended by the FBI for questioning. FBI agents and U.S. attorneys in Philadelphia want to bury him in a hole so bad, they’d sell their first born kids. I swear to God. The only think in the annals of American legal history that could equal this lust for the sinking of a man and his criminal empire would be Al Capone in Chicago circa 1930 and John Gotti in New York circa 1990."

Better to have a metaphorical hard on than you know.... an actual hard on.

The way people root for individuals who - in essence - are criminals and serial killers is pretty disturbing. I mean where do you draw the line?

Society is pretty f***ed up.

Give me a break. Criminals killing criminals is really a cause you wanna crusade for? Who has he allegedly killed? Other LCN guys. Please show me an example of one person he allegedly killed who wasn't a killer himself. You gotta grow up buddy. There are causes worth fighting for but it's hard for me to find any empathy for people who wanna be in that life.

We aren't privy to all the people he has killed or ordered to be killed. We do know that he could have easily killed innocent bystanders when he was recklessly trying to assassinate Scarfo Jr. and Stanfa in public places. We also know that he is violent street thug who extorted and contributed in making life a living hell for older Italian American males - kind of ironic then how you have a minority of younger Italian American males looking up to him. Killing people period is sick. If "crips" or "bloods" go around shooting each other and polluting their neighborhoods with drugs they are "animals". So is Merlino, no matter how much brylcreem he wears, how much time he spends in tanning salons and how expensive the suits Stan Stein buys him are.

Burnstein should have a exercise a bit more detachment and journalistic integrity about this. The feds aren't "on his nuts". He violated parole by consorting with a fellow felon. They are leaders of a profitable and violent crime family.

This isn't f*ing Robin Hood.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.