Originally Posted By: ItalianForever
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
@IF,

I was calling BS on the Big Business talking point that some of their actions benefit or are meant to benefit American workers in the "long run". It's a smokescreen. There are highly skilled and English speaking workers across the globe that American companies can pay much less to and when given the loopholes to do it via outsourcing or other methods, of course they will do it.It benefits the bottom line.
Just don't insult people's intelligence by peeing on our legs and then tell us it's raining.

Can't say I disagree with this sentiment. But like I have repeatedly stated, there are no quick fixes. This is a complex issue. If the democrats came up with some moderate legislation that could fix the problem with outsourcing, I'd be all ears.

41(d) QUALIFIED RESEARCH DEFINED.--

41(d)(4) ACTIVITIES FOR WHICH CREDIT NOT ALLOWED.--The term “qualified research”
shall not include any of the following:

41(d)(4)(F) FOREIGN RESEARCH.--Any research conducted outside the United States, the
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any possession of the United States

The root of the problem is currency. To be more precise, the US dollar is too strong. Factories are being built in countries where the currency value makes it cheaper to do so. Labor is being recruited in countries where the compensation is denominated in the local currency. Americans on the mainland are being left high and dry because they cost too much to hire, and it costs too much to manufacture here. The answer is to gradually devalue the dollar. I don't think the Federal Reserve or Federal government is willing to do that, so people can be expected to start abandoning the United States enmasse....in search of employment, if you can imagine such a thing. On closer inspection, the devaluation of the US currency might already be a [top] secret policy of the Federal Reserve and Federal government because the currency is already deflating [over time].

Knowing "US Corporations", I would imagine that a lot of their foreign holdings in their tax sheltered havens are denominated (or will be denominated) in some stronger currency chosen to remain stronger in relation to the rest of the world's currencies, whereas the US Dollar is planned out to become a commoners medium of exchange.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."