Originally Posted By: getthesenets

Fair and valid point.I'm just saying that powerful interests use their lobbying and influence to get benefits,provisions,loopholes that benefit them. All perfectly legal. I just don't always buy the propaganda that it all benefits the American worker in the long run.

I think slowly but surely American workers are starting to question some of these actions.I mean in some sectors American workers are being outsourced by "foreign workers" who are actually brought HERE to do the work...and all sorts of chicanery . It's about the bottom line, always has been, always will be.."Trickle down economics" or whatever term big business is calling it these days is pretty much a smokescreen.

You dedicated your entire second paragraph to this. Immigration law trumps tax law. If H1B visas didn't exist, Corporations could not hire cheap skilled foreign workers.

As far as lobbying, yeah, absolutely. There are lobbyists for everything. There is the gun lobby, the immigration lobby, the union lobby, the wall street lobby. And yes, its all legal.I don't like it either. But without it, legislation would not get passed.

For example, I am a gun owner and supporter. Now, do I like the NRA? No. Do I agree with everything they stand for? No, but I am a member because I know that without the NRA pro gun legislation would not get passed and anti gun legislation would not get blocked.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 04/16/15 05:52 PM.