Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Originally Posted By: Big_T
There was a time when I would have backed McCain. When he put the nation's well-being at risk by potentially placing that grinning bubblehead a heartbeat away from being the leader of the free world, I lost all respect for him.

Too bad people don't feel the same way about Obama who put the mentally retarded serial groper in the VP spot.

Say what you want about him on a personal level, at the end of the day it's all about policy, and he's consistently come out for what he believes in against Obama's interests - been frozen out of the "inner circle" as a consequence, and refused to toe the line when he doesn't believe in something.

Here's my scorecard.

Hilary Clinton

PROS

-Tough negotiator?
-Umm....
-Still thinking....

CONS
-We do not live in a fucking dynasty
-The hair
-Might be a robot
-Probably a wallstreet stooge
-Not at all a liberal in foreign policy
-Establishment stooge
-What exactly will she actually change?

Definitely do not want to vote for her. Since no one else from the Democratic party has the balls to step up, I've been looking at GOP candidates and the only one who remotely resembles my views is Rand Paul. On one hand, his economic policies are just as extreme as his father's. But...two of his policies definitely appeal. Opposition to mass incarceration and an unwieldy drug war. Like I said in another thread he already made progress with Corey Booker to reduce terms for nonviolent offenders. There's no reason pot usage or even dealing should land someone behind bars without the possibility of parole. And I like his foreign policy. It's been a long time since we had someone cautious of the ramifications of war, especially economically for our own country. I liked Jefferson's foreign policy. Even Reagan believed in peace by strength.

He supports a market-based solution for climate change...so he has at least recognized climate change. The difference between him and Ron was dogmatic in his views. Rand will change when he needs to get ahead. And although he's a longshot, that's why he can lead in the polls. And maybe one day take the whitehouse.

No interest in Jeb Bush for the same reason as Hilary. In fact their views are hard to tell apart.