Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
In 1986, Frank Perdue the chicken man, testified in front of the President´s Commission on organized crime and said that Pete Castellana Sr had been seeking to buy chicken from Perdue for a number of years and that Castellana had a "reputation" and "is about as bad as there is". However, Perdue acknowledged that he began doing business voluntarily with Castellana eventually. "He had a reputation in the industry not to be as honest as, shall we say, Paul Castellano Sr. He had a reputation of going bankrupt two or three times. And the only way we would sell him, we had to have the money up front" Pedue said.

Castellana had a history of cheating hundreds of creditors. In the mid 1960s, he was indicted and sentenced to five years in prison and fined $45,000 for fraud scams related to his meat and poultry wholesale business. Joseph Pagano (member of the Genovese Family) and Castellana´s nephew Gandolfo Sciandra were also indicted and sentenced in this case. Although never indicted for it, Castellana also had a reputation of being a loan shark partner of Carmine Lombardozzi.

Pete Castellana is a cousin of the late Paul Castellano but I don´t know the reason for his last name being spelled differently. I think he´s still alive, he should be around 86 today.

Joseph Guglielmini was the son of Salvatore who had emigrated from Cefalu, Sicily in the early 1900s. The Guglielminis were related to both the Castellano and Gambino families. Salvatore was also related to Luigi Morici, the Baltimore crew leader by marriage. I think one of Salvatore´s daughters was married to Morici´s son Serafino.

In 1946, Salvatore, and two of his sons (Frank and John) and two of his daughters were indicted of possession of a large amount of counterfeit gasoline, sugar, tire and red ration stamps. Salvatore´s daughter Nancy said that she was a part owner of two butcher shops and had collected the red points from customers. I don´t know the outcome of the trial.

In the 1960s, Salvatore and Frank, nicknamed "Butch" were listed as made Gambino members, while John and Joseph were listed as suspected members. Frank was later a member of Nino Gaggi´s crew.

Great info HK,as always..I remmember reading that the patron of that whole clan was Salvatore Masotto,he was the first capo of that crew,Gaggis crew..is that true?There were a few Masottos in the cre even in the early 80s,Thomas and the other one..Of course i remmeber that from your list of soldiers that you put up here...