Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
But, since you mentioned 9/11 also, could you please explain one thing to me: why do people say that implying that it was an inside job offends the memory of the victims?

I mean, where did the alleged "disrespect towards the victims" thing come from?

Because the victims, their children, their relatives, the American people and future generations are owed the truth.

The victims memory deserves the truth. They deserve history to write the wrongs perpetrated against them accurately.

That the rightful blame and responsibility is levied at those responsible.

To not do so with baseless accusations, to ignore the evidence, to muddy the annals of history with bullshit, while those factually responsible are held unaccountable? Well, to not honor those fallen in such a manner, is at the least, imo, more than a little fucking disrespectful.

To put it mildly.

The problem is though that, as usually happens with big crimes, nobody will ever know the complete truth. Thinking that Muslim terrorists may have had "moles" is not sacrilege because nor I nor you know whether that was the case. Writing every single member of the CIA off as suspects just because they are Americans and that's the only reasonable argument to say that they "couldn't have had anything to do with this", THIS "logic" offends the victims with its warped parody of "patriotism". The "inside" traitors, if there were any, should be hunted down as persistently as the terrorists, otherwise that wouldn't be an impartial position. I respect the victims very much and that's the reason I wouldn't want the investigation to be blinded by anything, not even "patriotism".

And nobody avoids holding the Islamic terrorists accountable. They did it, and everybody knows it. But what's wrong in supposing they may have had help? Just dismissing it as "bullshit" is like denying police corruption before the Eppolito/Caracappa case. I bet their superiors said before they were discovered that the NY police was the "cleanest in the world". So why so sure that there are no traitors in the CIA?

It's not just an American matter anymore, international terrorism has become a global menace.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 04/04/15 05:14 AM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."