Originally Posted By: baldo
PB, are you referring to the Wild Bunch story? The guys who were Catena's secret hit squad?

I was trying my best to not refer to anything. But okay, I was referencing Tino and Cigars and the urban legend that turned them into the Shore version of the DeMeo crew. Because it's nonsense. They killed people when they had to. Just like every other family. But Christ, they're just men. They're not ghosts or members of an Illuminati like organization. They're knockaround guys from the boroughs and immediate suburbs just like their counterparts in the other families.

And their superior intelligence aside, the Genovese guys HAVE been lucky. I mean, if Buster wasn't a fidgety old man (and he was VERY fidgety, take it from me) who stumbled upon that bug under the table in New Rochelle, God only fucking knows what that borgata would look like today.

Long story short, when you're good you tend to get lucky breaks. It works like that in all walks of life. But make no mistake, they were VERY lucky there. The people that Buster used to meet with at that joint would have brought the whole house down if they didn't luck out and find that bug.

Yes, they're smarter than the rest of the families, and a LOT more secretive. But all that means is that they'll hang in there a little longer. Because I swear to God, the day is gonna come when the Westside gives us a rat, and I think these websites are gonna hang a flag at half mast.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.