Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: Terence
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011

But is 26 too young? Bonanno was boss at 26, Yonnie Licavoli at 23, Riccobene was made at 18. I thought cases like Ligambi made in his 40s were rarer.

Those were different times back then. Youngsters grew up a lot more faster in the 1920s/1930s than they did later on. And in the case of Bonanno, he had the pedigree. From the 1970s and on, cases of mobsters getting made although still in their 20s, are extremely rare.

I recall reading somewhere that Alphonse Trucchio was made at a young age. Do you know if he was in his late 20's or early 30's Hairy?

Alphonse Trucchio was very young when he was made. He was probably made in 2001, so he was around 25, 26. There are other examples of guys getting made very young. Barney, Cesare Bonventre, Baldo Amato, Little Allie Boy Persico and a few others. Most of the guys, actually a huge majority of all inducted since the 1970s, were in their late 30s, 40s, 50s and in some cases in their 60s.

Matthew Madonna was made at a very old age.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.