He wasn't under the protection of the Lucchese's after the hit attempt, in which he stayed in Atlantic City & North Jersey and out of South Philly. When he got taken in in North Jersey, it was still the Philly Mob protecting him. The North Jersey remnants of the Caponigro crew, which was currently being oversaw by George Fresolone, were still loyal to Scarfo and took Nicky Jr. in. I think people have this idea that during this time Nicky Jr. was a recluse, he wasn't. The feds were watching him, they observed him meeting with various NJ, Philadelphia & even NY mobsters. He continued to collect a street tax. And guys still kicked up to him, those who were still loyal to his dad. Fresolone was an informant, and once he flipped, the rest of that Scarfo group went down. I think that's when the Lucchese's came in. And various researchers and reporters claim Scarfo Jr. obtained the rank of Capo, and still held that position when he was indicted on the FirstPlus extortion case. Though I haven't seen much to substantiate that belief.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 03/16/15 05:32 AM.