Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: RedBullets
That report by that Ed Scarpo guy about the Jersey Mob gaining respect and making guys from NY might be very true if they're really aligned with the Gambinos.

He's an idiot. Even a busted clock is right twice a day. But who says he's even right?

His claim back then was that the DeCavs have "seven new captains." He made no mention of the Gambinos, and he insisted that his "sources" were working on finding out who the "seven new captains" are. Then when he got called out on it, he did what he always does. He edited half the page.

His "sources" are lonely lunatics who send him emails through proxy servers. And his only supporters are guys who have been chased from every other board (Italian Heritage/Cornuto is way up his ass because he can't post anywhere else), and himself (I think the other supporters are Ed posting to himself under various aliases).

And not to hijack the thread, but funny thing about Ed and his "book" that he co-authored with Cicale. No mention at all of Cicale trying to extort the Basciano family, including Vinny's poor ex-wife, with promises of Vinny getting a new trial if they came up with some cash. And this went down at the EXACT time that Ed Leiber was interviewing him for said "book." I hope they both get piles.
Yeah, I don't know much about the Vinny Gorgeous situation or, even about this Ed Scarpo guy. And I won't act like it. I just know about that article on the site. It was pretty vague, so I bet he did remove some things.