Originally Posted By: fergie
The Mike Brown incident was an open and shut case. The subsequent unnecessary and opportunist riots are proving problematic at least and I'm not convinced they should or can be easily ignored-they will obviously be part of any national discussions and will always ultimately undermine any other example you might have been thinking of.

It was unfortunate that celebrities (LeBron James, and those NFL players) were helping push the false narrative the liberal media was trying to present as fact. The whole hands up don't shoot was a lie from the beginning, and when some media was presenting facts race profiteers called it character assassination.

I don't have Twitter but I saw on the news that many celebrities post hands up don't shoot, with the celebrity worship culture we live in it is scary that people get information from a group (movie stars, artist, athletes) who are not in touch with the rwality we know and who generally aren't educated

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life