Originally Posted By: getthesenets
@Pizza,

I think college students , or college age people sometimes think that they should be protesting something..whether they understand the issue or not...while they're "partying, putting headbands on their heads...doing drugs and listening to damned Beatles albums...ugh...ugh!!!!!".People who know how gullible these young people are take advantage of their time and exploit them.Young, impressionable and want to fit in..perfect recruit for anything.

The aimless OWS protests from a few years back were a complete joke..and yes...rich hipsters slumming and acting like they were part of the" 99% " made it even funnier.

I agree with all points. You get kids at 18 or 19 years old and you can make them anything you want. Their heads are sponges at that age. That's what makes SOME college campuses so dangerous, they're being groomed by middle-aged people who work in academia. And middle-aged people who work in academia are some of the most sheltered and naive people in the entire world.

This occurs on both sides (although I believe there are far more Lefty college campuses than Righty college campuses), and of course I'm all for higher education. I have two college graduates in my daughters and my son is in his second year at Stony Brook. It's just that you have to be VERY careful who you entrust your children to at that age.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.