Originally Posted By: Flushing
Its a good guess that the Genovese power base is currently NJ and the northern NYC suburbs. The historical Genovese strongholds within NYC are transformed. There is most likely more Genovese activity in Lodi and Rutherford, NJ, than Morris Park Avenue and their traditional Bronx enclaves. But that's just my guess. And who really knows.

Vince's domain was downtown, but the actual Westside powerbase over the past fifty years made the jump from East Harlem to the Bronx to Westchester County. And yes, out to Jersey. But there are still FAR more heavyweights in that family living and operating out of the New York suburbs than in the entire State of New Jersey. Trust me, it's not even close.

But that's not to diminish their influence in Jersey whatsoever. The Feds had Angelo Prisco down as a Jersey captain while he was living in Yonkers and had his powerbase in Westchester Square. See my point?

And you make a fair point about Morris Park Avenue. Albanians and Latinos make up the bulk of Morris Park today, with a small portion of Italians who are either too old and set in their ways to leave, or because they were left behind for financial reasons. That's one Bronx neighborhood that has seen more change since the late '80s than just about any other area of the borough. It's honestly shocking. But times change, demographics change. That's America today.

I get along fine with the Albanians. I have an Albanian partner in my Pelham Bay property. But the Albanians have started assimilating into Westchester now, too. Good for them. Ten or fifteen more years and Morris Park will be nothing but Latinos and Middle Easterners. No doubt in my mind.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.