Originally Posted By: night_timer
Originally Posted By: fergie
Guys, I just remembered, I know we're talking about mafia gangsters, but beheadings by the crazy arab folks must ace anything Murder Inc etc did - I can't imagine Anastasia cutting a live guy's head off in front of his crew? I might be wrong...

Tommy Pitera beheaded bodies, but only after they were dead. He was into dismemberment as much as the DeMeo crew.

Scariest guys were Pitera, DeMeo, Mirra and Dellacroce. There was some sick fucks in Chicago too, but I'm hopeless with names.

Pitera could've made something of his life outside organized crime. His long sabbatical to Japan almost made him look intelligent and cultured, but he was probably a victim of his screwed-up childhood. Some of his killing habits were more like a sociopathic serial killer.

Pitera worked under a guy in the Bonanno family nicknamed 'whack whack' due to the number of killings he did or ordered. Pitera got life for six murders, but there must have been a lot more dead bodies than that.

Now that's a factoid I didn't know. Whack Whack and Tommy Karate were rolling together. That is very scary. Whack Whack got his name supposedly due to the sheer speed with which he would dispatch an individual. In every photo he seems to be laughing his ass off, as if the wiseguys off camera find his aptitude for unpredictable deadliness an inside joke...and as if they are making him laugh right before they snap the picture. I don't think I have ever seen such a happy mirthful mafia guy before, anywhere, ever. But his amusement is that of a wild man. It's disturbing.

Tommy Karate needs no introduction.

Between those two, and the Gemini Twins, it's hard to choose who is scarier. I think most people would quickly leave a room with either of those two pairs present. By the way, Tommy Pitera's recent jailhouse photo is probably the most hideous looking ugly person I have ever seen. I doubt he looked that ugly when he was actually out on the street strutting around like a pale maniacal Jean Claude Van Damme whacking guys left and right.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."