Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Originally Posted By: CleanBandit

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Supposedly, Joe Bonanno always said he didn't have an ounce of fat on him though..he looks fat as fuck.

I've read several comments here stating that it was written that Maranzano was fatter than Joe the Boss.

He was. Coroner's reports proved it. Maranzano even wore a man girdle.

lol

Bit weird that Bonanno remembers him a lot differently.

Bonanno described Maranzano as "robust, full-bodied but with no excess flaccid flesh on him". The gridle he wore made sure he didn´t look fat. I don´t think Bonanno ever saw him naked.

Originally Posted By: goldhawkroad
I really enjoyed reading "A man of honour" but as everyone says: you have to understand its Joe Bonnanos self flattering version of what went down: A saga with some truth in it. Why isnt Carmine Galante in the book? Why cant Bonnano admit to the fact that the main reason for his visit to Sicily in 1957 was to structure up the heroin distribution with the Sicilian Mob? Why did he claim to have been kidnapped by Maggadino in the 60s?

According to Bill Bonanno, narcotics trafficking was brought up during the Palermo meeting. You can read about it in his last book.

Originally Posted By: goldhawkroad

Some one else on this site launched the theory that he was very much active until Galantes murder in 1979, even though from Arizona due to Gambinos ban on him operating in NY after his plot against the other families was revealed.

If that theory was based on facts, then I´d believe it. but it´s not. It´s probably based on assumptions and somebody´s vivid imagination found on MafiaWiki. If Bonanno was informed about the Galante hit, it must have been as a courtesy and respect of the peace treaty worked out in the wake of the Bananas war. There were talks by some members about letting Bonanno back in to run the Family after Evola´s death, but Bonanno declined.

[Linked Image]