PB, I just wanted to say it like I see it. I've been messaged by different people, many of them pretty solid guys in here who refrain from posting their opinion on this board because they'd be ostracized and alienated, so I wasn't only speaking for myself there. Even those who do engage, they rarely put much effort into the debate because they know they're outnumbered so it's useless.

I'm pretty sure they would be more than able to hold their own in the debates here, but they choose not to, and I don't blame them. As soon as somebody has a different opinion from the rest of the group, things get pretty heated, even when it's not about any hot topic like religion or politics.
Anyway, you're right buddy... bitching about it won't solve a thing so it's better to just leave it be. I'd PM you more details but you disabled it and I don't feel this warrants an email, especially with all that's going on in your life right now.

Faithful, I assure you I'm not offended and I didn't mean to snap at you personally, I think you're one of the greatest posters in the OC forum, it's just that after a while the same old crap that goes on here gets boring. I love these boards and I don't think an aggressive climate is what the admins were hoping for when they created it.
I know the theory you're talking about, it comes form a 1930's book "Mohammed et Charlemagne." It does make some good points but I don't believe it was ever fully accepted among the historians. Regardless, as I said above I'd rather not continue the debate here.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso