There are 2 books about organized crime in Liverpool that sound particularly interesting:

The Cartel: The Inside Story of Britain's Biggest Drugs Gang

Young Blood: The Inside Story of How Street Gangs Hijacked Britain's Biggest Drugs Cartel

However, the problem is the criminals are almost all named by nicknames invented by the author, so you can't understand or guess who they really are. I was told that the gangster "Kallas" from the "Young blood" book is James "Pancake" Taylor and the "Baron" from "The Cartel" is Philip Glennon, still no clue about others. For example, who is "Fred the Rat" who is supposed to have created the cartel? I read on some forum his real nickname is "Bob the Dog".

But who is the guy in charge now in Liverpool? In mean, REALLY in charge, not as front boss? Glennon, Taylor or somebody else? And how does Curtis Warren fit in all this? Was he a big player or just somebody who got the headlines?

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."