Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
Lock Stock and Snatch are by far Guy Ritchie's best works. From there on he quickly went downhill

One word: Madonna. That pig has ruined more than one man.

It took Sean Penn years to be taken seriously as an actor again. And now he has two Oscars for Best Actor. That no one takes Sean Penn seriously as a human being is on him, though. He's as crazy as a shithouse rat.

Point being, Guy Ritchie can make it back. I like him.

All true. I always wonder why men seem to fall for women like Madonna, someone who -despite her succes- is tacky and distasteful. And her post-Ritchie habit of having a new exotic toyboy (each time 30 years her junior a the least) every two years is getting stomach-churning.

I don't know if it's right to feel this way, but Penn claiming and winning every humanitarian price in reach annoys me. He's giving Bono from U2 a run for his money lol

I think it wouldn't hurt for Ritchie to go back to his roots. Ditch the gargantuan budgets and make movies with some heart and soul again. In my opinion the same can be said for Tarantino. While his last two movies were far from bad, I liked the style in his first movies way better. And to be honest, for me it doesn't really help that there are truckloads of hipster fanboys drooling over movies like Inglourious Basterds and Django Uchained.