THE BEATLES

Only the third Beatles book I've read behind THE BEATLES ANTHOLOGY and A HARD DAY'S WRITE. At first I was a little hesitant as this book was written in 1968 and hadn't been altered and at the beginning, gave a lot of back story about characters other than The Beatles (I was wanting the author to get back to the Beatles more). However, once I read more, I'm really glad he included a lot of this back story. It was interesting to me to see how the Beatles parents and family members handled the boys success among many other behind-the-scenes stories. This is the only authorized book on the Beatles ever and even though the book itself hasn't been changed since it's original publication, the author does give updates since then in the introduction and 1985 postscript. Overall, a great and in depth book that pulls back the curtain on the boys (which doesn't always show them in the brightest of lights). I borrowed it through my local library and wound up buying it from Amazon. Thanks for the recommendation DE NIRO. Next up probably are the John Lennon, Paul McCartney, and George Harrison books!