I think you've misunderstood (and misquoted) me Camarel. I didn't say religion as a whole was to blame, the extremists are? Not sure which of the 5 paragraphs you've misunderstood.

You would surely agree that people of an Islamic faith could perhaps do more, than as is currently being done, to tackle isis etc and the extremist views they hold? If ANY person of ANY faith or belief witnessed what we are witnessing these days in the name of their specific religion/belief, they SPECIFICALLY would have a moral obligation to denounce it and fight it at every opportunity. Yes others could, but it doesn't hold the same weight. Im not convinced that is the case with Islam at the moment. You might think its actions are generally sufficient, and that would be where we disagree.

Ive also never once said the average atheist is more morally sound than any religious person, however (as I have said time and again) religion preaches IT is and threatens the morally inept will be punished - for ever. All without any evidence, which is one of my grievances. Again, your getting confused for some reason. People can have sound morals whatever their belief, and religious people are no better than anyone else, at all, ever, period. Not sure how clear I have to be before you get what Im saying....

In any case, Ive answered the points you raised and am reluctant to go down the rabbit hole of atheism/religion again, it'll just go round and round!