Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
it fits in with the far left's narrative that is out to dismiss, deny and appease Islamism while criticizing and condemning Christianity at every opportunity.

That's how I feel. The Far Left (and especially White "secular" liberals) hated ALL RELIGION prior to 9/11. But since Muslims from that part of the world tend to be dark skinned, these same liberals all of a sudden get to cherry pick which religions should be silenced (Jews and Christians), and which should be given a soapbox (take a guess).

This strange phenomena as present even before 9/11. At first glance secular liberals and Muslims - particularly the hard line, extremist sort - are as far apart as possible. And yet, we've seen secular liberals in both Western Europe and North America favor the Palestinians over Israel almost without exception. We have continued to see it after 9/11 even up to the present where we have Obama apparently more concerned about being an apologist for radical Islam than calling it what it is and dealing with it. In the bigger picture, it's not an Obama problem, per se. It's a liberal thinking problem. To be sure, on it's own secular liberals have no love for any religion, including Islam. But their loathing for all things Judeo-Christian, to which they've been much more exposed to down through the years, supersedes that and, if given a choice, they will usually defend Islam. Sort of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" type thinking. It's a type of thinking that's based not only on a particular dislike for Judeo-Christianity, but also moral relativism. It's why you have Obama and other apologists attempting to bring up the Crusades from hundreds of years ago whenever the discussion of radical Islam arises.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.