Originally Posted By: pmac
Alfa you agree that if anyone wants to know about the Colombo war and whose who this is the only book. I don't think scarpa could make any power moves. I just Read gotti wanted him dead in 88 89. But let it go. For all gotti hits he sub out a few to other families. Willy boy. Weiss. Think he knew orena had to do it. I thought it was interesting. And I read cicales book it 50 pages 10 about him. He says about 2000 massino told rizzuto to open a strip club up there. I'm positive the Montreal posters could answer if rizzuto secretly owned a strip club or 2 up there. He says rizzuto was still sending Christmas tribute till he went to jail which I believe maybe not a lot but something and Vinny gorg took a loan of George from Canada cause he new he was a dead man. How you write a mob book and not include your induction. Books real bad its like a long running article. If you don't want to talk about the mafia in the Bronx don't write a book. He pics an chooses what to say or what the feds allow him to. And he shits on everyone in the family like he was the only killer when that's a family that's function in all 5 boros+

It's funny you mention Gotti because Deal With The Devil downplays Gotti's involvement in Colombo family politics. I think that position shows a bit of naivete on Peter Lance's part. Once Orena was in trouble, he ran to the Commission, not Carmine Persico. So obviously other family bosses were behind the attempted rise of Little Vic Orena and his attempt at a bloodless coup by polling the captains. Orena was a puppet.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."