Originally Posted By: fergie
Ivy, you are obviously entirely against gay marriage because of your religious beliefs, so you must realise that to try and put forward an unbiased, constitutional argument against it, might sometimes be met with some scepticism by others.

You don't have to take my word for it. Read the Constitution. Unless somebody with an agenda wants to project something onto it, there's nothing that supports the courts taking the gay marriage issue out of the hands of the individual states. But you choose to keep dancing around that issue by bringing up religion.

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Why wouldn't Hitchens sell his books for profit?

No reason at all. He was a capitalist. Just like the televangelists who sell a billion religious books a year. Nothing wrong with capitalism. My point was, in that regard he was no different than they are. In it for the money.

I do understand it cant be nice to think he's writing that about your belief but they are all a fair retort to religion.

Why would a believer want a retort to his belief system? It's anathema to the entire point. I feel I'm right, and I don't shove it down anyone's throat.

Guys like Hitchens and Dawkins are as phony as they come. What kind of true "atheist" spends their whole life fighting against something they claim to believe doesn't even exist? Their actions undermine their professed non-belief. And, ironically enough, these so called atheists are often more intolerant and quick to push their non-belief than most religious people do their faith. In any event, like I said, Hitchens is singing a different tune now. As will Dawkins when he passes on.

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. - Psalms 14:1

Last edited by IvyLeague; 02/20/15 12:30 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.