Originally Posted By: fergie
PB, you got slightly offended by my comment and I should really, for the sake of clarity, offer an explanation to you, and everyone possibly offended.

You don't have to defend anything to me. Just be consistent, and I'll just agree to disagree where applicable.

I know many people with a religious faith who are not interested in "spreading the word" and theres no issue at all.

I'm Catholic. Catholics don't proselytize, ring doorbells or hand out literature at the airport.

You see, I agree that people shouldn't try to convert other people. But then you post this, which tells me that you're not above trying to spread the word of Atheism:

Take the Hitchens test and "Name one ethical statement made, or action performed, by a believer, that could not have been uttered or done by a non-believer".

Just asking me to "take the test" is trying to change my position. Would you take a test on the words of Christ or Moses?

So let's not pretend that it's all one way. There are Atheist fanatics in this world. Even the Dude has acknowledged as much. And Hitchens was one of them. That he conned a gazillion "followers" into buying his books and "spreading the word" only strengthens my argument.

It's not like his book proceeds went to charity. He was a snake oil salesman in the same vein as Right Wing preachers who put out three books a year.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.