Just being curious: have you watched the 1959 series “The Untouchables”: It’s great fun to watch, but from the “realism” point of view it’s a complete joke: the “good guys” spend the whole time smashing illegal distilleries’ doors with their car and breaking alcohol-producing equipment: the bootleggers always shoot at them and heroically die, when they could just get off with a fine for prohibition offenses. WItnesses die one after another and nobody bothers to protect them, and all this is for putting somebody in prison for 1-2 years for prohibition offenses or other minor crimes.

And the villains…. Even in Disney cartoons they look more serious and threatening than in this series. Remember Al Capone in the pilot episode?

I am the great Al Capone! I whacked Colosimo, Genna, Drucci, O’Banion!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
The Outfit leadership at the table: MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
Al Capone (suddenly changing face expression): EH!!!!!
The Outfit leadership suddenly stops laughing and changes their face expressions to that of fear.

And the "Artichoke king" episode: after that, I can't take Ciro Terranova's character seriously anymore, they painted him like almost a good guy abused by underlings; he whacks them and then is abused in the same manner by the hitman he used to whack the previous blackmailer.

That scene with the hired robbers stealing back the contract: take your jackets and the trousers off!

Terranova: I won't take the trousers off.
Leading robber: for you, we will make an exception then.
Felix Burke, target of the robbery: TWO exceptions then!
(why Felix and not Fred, I wonder?)

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."