Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Any homebrewers?

I tried once in college with a home brewing kit. It was "English Pale Ale"

Not much of a Pale Ale guy, but I assume I did it right; I mean it got me drunk.

The kits are pretty cool. Each brew makes about two cases each that you bottle and can even put your own logo on. I know some people that are really into it and can make the light beers, but you need refrigeration units and it has to kept a certain temperature throughout fermentation. Definitely something I am interested in.

I started doing all grain recipes of the summer but they take so long and the clean up is a hassle. Kits are just easier, time wise and with clean up

Luckily my basement has a pretty stable temperature, 55 degrees. Trying to cold ferment an Oktoberfest says you supposed to to decrease the temperature two degrees every day from 57 to 32 but I don't have that so I just put it in my garage hopefully it does the trick.

This is a Pale Ale started Thursday night. Make wine also, the picture quality is crappy but behind the beer, one red and one white Thursday also

The white fermenting bucket is a Scotch Ale. Three other wines I have going

Brown Ale in secondary fermentation

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 02/15/15 07:07 AM.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life