Originally Posted By: fergie
Pizza, Im disappointed with your comment about Christopher Hitchens, he died a long, slow, painful death through cancer.

Maybe a few Hail Marys would have eased his pain. Although he probably said a few foxhole prayers that he'd never admit to. Not that he could admit it now anyway. Because, you know, he's worm food now. And if you think he suffered then, that's nothing compared to being distanced from God for eternity.

You see, I don't go for the Devil with the tail, and the fire and brimstone. True Hell is getting a glimpse of what paradise could have been, then being distanced from it for eternity.

As I said earlier though and you've proved my point, believers are always only a few conversations away from hating people.

I'm hardly a fanatic. I was only pointing out that Extreme Atheists are as hateful as any Extreme Fundamentalists.

(And I like you pizza!)

I like you too, Fergie. But this is just another reason why religion and politics don't belong on message boards. No one ever changes anyone else's mind anyway, so what's the point?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.