First of all i'm not religious at all, but the vast majority of my family are and i find Fergies comments incredibly simplistic and offensive to people of (any) faith. To call anyone who believes in a religion stupid and naive; is in itself naive, since some of the most intelligent people on the planet are religious, take your two Christopher Hitchens quotes to any highly educated Theologian and you'll get laughed out of the room, in the same way a moron with two bible quotes will get laughed off by any highly educated Atheist. To look over the amount of good Theology has done for the planet is hilarious, the influence it's had on the Arts, Philosophy, Literature, Innovation and even Science is immense.

Hitchens and Dawkins while they come closer to my overall view are just as closeminded as any preacher who feels gays should be ashamed of themselves or whatever, and they do more harm than good towards other non-religious types as nutjobs like Pat Robertson do towards Christianity. Your last paragraph is... well saying that anybody of a religious persuasion shouldn't be able to put across their viewpoint is just... i don't even know.

I barely know anything about the Bible and have only read 3 of it's books as well as whatever i read in my time in Catholic School, so i would never feel comfortable quoting passages from it on the Internet whether it was positively or negatively supporting it, and i usually don't give much stock to people who do so.