Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Even if we take religion completely out of it, there is something wrong when a single judge can overrule the will of the majority of people in an entire state.

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

I am in total agreement with you, what is wrong with the democratic process, [the popular vote] where a federal judge can overrule the people. this is wrong. it goes against everything this nation stands for. democracy!!

I think the majority of people against gay marriage have those views because of their religious beliefs. Even though I do not think separation between church and state actually exists because religion shapes who you are, you morals and values. That is why the court needs to step in because imposing the values of one religion (all religions included) on the entire country is wrong.

I think the courts need step in when the majority will prohibit someone from pursuing Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. If the majority got its way interracial marriage would be prohibited in some places and schools would be segregated.

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

I ask you not to rub your sexuality in my face. I find it sickning to have gay men kiss in public, with total disregard for children, or married couples, or the general public.

its gross, and rude, and they act like swine. and ones who defend such behavior are Indeed pushing their agenda by trying to recruit teens into their gay lifestyle, this is on their part is criminal. and such behavior should not be tolerated.

I don't like seeing it either that is because I don't find it natural because I am straight but, I find it just as awkward and inappropriate when a man and a women are making out and groping each other in public. Isn't kissing someone you love a form of freedom of expression and therefore protected.

I as a straight male am defending rights of everyone, because I don't think it is right to deny the rights of anyone just because you don't like/understand them. I am certainly not recruiting teens to be gay or pushing the gay agenda. Are you saying it is criminal to be in support of gay rights? Doesn't that go against the first amendment?

Luke 6:37 “Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life