Originally Posted By: Malandrino
The feds probably wouldn't have cared much for him because he didn't really have any dirt on Gotti, he was a civilian. They would have just told him to go to the local police and maybe they'd give Gotti a restraining order or something from him which would only make things MUCH worse because then Gotti would be very pissed thinking he's being a prick or worse yet, ratting.
There's also the school of thought that Gotti's crew acted alone and took care of him to score points with John. They say John never gave the okay but who knows.. he could have given them a look, he could have said something that sounded like an okay, there's all kinds of possibilities.
I personally think he did know/order Favara was going to get whacked which is why he went to Florida 3 days before so he could have total deniability.

The thing is, being in a position like Favara was, you never know what to do. Moving away would be seen as a guilty move and Gotti would have done EVERYTHING in his power to track him down. Going over an apologizing would have probably been just as bad, going to the cops even worse, it's a very delicate situation.

It pisses me off that a guy like Gotti can become so powerful and hold so much sway over average (read: law-abiding) citizens. Gotti, by all accounts, was a degenerate low-life, and it's a pity that he didn't die shortly after birth.
I'm surprised nobody close to Favara (a friend, a relative, etc) didn't just sneak up behind Gotti one day and invoke the biblical 'eye for an eye'; catch him alone somewhere and let him know that he is not untouchable.
That whole Favara incident was just pure evil. And it amazes me how so many of the Gotti groupies seem to overlook that one part of the Gotti saga.