Originally Posted By: olivant
(CNN)Former Olympic decathlon champion and reality TV star Bruce Jenner was involved in a fatal four-car accident in Southern California on Saturday, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said in a statement.

Jenner was the driver of one vehicle, Deputy Ray Hicks told CNN.

Hicks said Jenner was answering questions about the midday wreck in Malibu.

Yes I was reading about that crash.

Deputies said a white Lexus was one of two vehicles that stopped abruptly in front of Jenner. He rear ended the Lexus by chain reaction, and pushed the vehicle into oncoming traffic.

The Lexus was then struck by a Hummer at the scene.

Authorities pronounced the elderly female driver of the Lexus dead at the scene. Her identity is being withheld pending family notification.

Seven other motorists were injured – including Jenner, an infant and two small children – were transported by paramedics for treatment of minor injuries sustained in the crash. Their conditions remain unknown at this time.

Jenner was being followed by paparazzi at the time, but they did not play a factor in the crash, said deputies, adding that neither party was speeding.

The PCH remains closed in both directions while officials investigate what caused the collision.

Wow! Jenner's transition into becoming a woman is happening faster than we thought. He is already turning into a terrible female driver tongue Just kidding. As a kid I remember him as a hero. Now I have no idea what to make of him.