Originally Posted By: padrone
I have to disagree with you Binnie. Truman was never in the Klan. He was approached and even considered joining but refused when he heard their stance on Catholics. He also integrated the military and was instrumental in creating the State of Israel and implementing the Marshal plan. Does not sound like a Klansman to me. Also, by dropping the bomb he saved countless lives since many believed the war would have moved to mainland China where even more people would have died. And do not think he took the dropping of the a bomb easily, he struggled with it and had to put on a strong face.

As to Lincoln...are you mad? Lincoln did not want the war at all and would have kept slavery in the South if it meant preserving the Union. Many in the north were tired of the war and wanted to let the south be its own entity and it was not until Gettysburg that people came on board. The last thing Lincoln wanted was bloodshed, but if he caved what would we be today? And how many more years of slavery in the south? Lincoln reached out with the olive branch more times than any man in modern history. Preserving the Union was a pretty big deal

have to disagree with you on both counts padrone, Truman admitted he was in the klan, he also presided over mccartyism which he refused to speak out against, nuch less stop,

Lincoln offered to let the south keep their slaves for forty years if they would surrender, this was 1863, he was determined to kill every man, woman, and child in the south to get his way.

to me nothing less than a butcher.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"