Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
It seems like as long as you have an Italian surname you can get made, which begs the question why guys Henry Hill didn't just adopt their mother's surnames.

There was no shortage of "full blooded" Italian Americans when Hill was coming up. There was no need to make members who were only half-Italian (although it still happened in rare instances). Things are much different today. Hardly any Italian immigration, coupled with assimilation, and they really don't have much choice but to look the other way. I mean, they claim that they've gone back to the "hundred percent" rule, but it's very hard to believe that they'll be able to fully enforce it.

Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
Is Alite Albanian as in Albania/Kosovo/Montenegro Albanian or is he Arbereshe?
Because when it comes to Arbereshe it wouldn't surprise me if there have been people made before in the Mafia who were part or even completely Arbereshe. They have Italian surnames, are culturally almost completely Italian and most of them wouldn't probably described themselves as "Albanian".

He's not Arbereshe. His parents were both from Kosovo.

Originally Posted By: Malandrino
I wanted to know if there's any Albanian becoming made in America, cause there have been cases in Italy.

Not that I'm aware of. You have to remember that there was a lot of tension when the Albanians first came here. Things are different now. The Italians have come to realize that the Albanians are very similar in nature to us. Plus, the Albanians have moved into the old Italian strongholds as the Italians have moved up the social ladder. And truth be told, a lot of the Albanians are starting to assimilate and move to the suburbs themselves. So I'd never say never, but to my knowledge it hasn't happened yet.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.