Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
When I first moved to California I was surprised that I ALWAYS had people coming up to me and speak Spanish and/or ask me if I did. When I worked at the school, if there was a Spanish speaking parent that came in, they'd look around and walk right up to me thinking I was Mexican and starting talking to me Spanish. Ha ha! Being from Michigan I never had that experience. confused

TIS

That's funny TIS cuz that happens to me too. I find that in LA ppl think I'm Jewish, in OC I'm Mexican and in Jersey I'm Italian. How bout that?
Did you learn any Spanish?

HI A-Girl, No I never learned Spanish at all except maybe a few basic phrases.

I don't know many Italians in CA. There few and far between in my area that's for sure.

smile

TIS

If we ever get together for an Italian type function I will let you know. Through the years I think I met every single Italian in so Cal through the Italian Club at church lol We'd also advertise our sausage and peppers booth at the local street fair and these east coast Italian transplants came out of the woodwork lol. Get your bocce throwing arm in shape. We always play a few games. And man do those games get SERIOUS