Originally Posted By: yigido

A society honoring its warriors doesnt mean they like seeing people get killed. It is the fact that these people sacrifice their lifes for the people that can't defend themselves against violence whether it be an enemy soldier or a psycho killer.

If it really was the motivation behind all the soldiers in the world, I couldn't agree more with your statement. The problem is I don't believe it. I simply don't.
For example, if I talk about Russia, a country I am more entitled to talk to since I was born there rather than the USA: there was a case when an auto with a group of peasants were stopped for perquisition, suspected of being terrorists. Some colonel, after hearing the report that nothing was found, ordered them all to be shot anyway, and the official simply transmitted the order which was executed to the fullest.
To sum it up: several innocent peasants have been killed on order of a paranoic who just didn't like Chechens or thought all Chechens are terrorists. Even if he genuinely believed he protected his country from bombings, attacks or whatever the Chechens do in revenge, does is excuse him anyhow? Does it excuse the official who says he just "obeyed the order".
I don't consider these people as defenders of my country. I don't feel like I own him my life even if in the process they killed some "bad guy" as well. I consider wrong the rule "execute any order without distinction because it's your commander who gives it".

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 01/30/15 06:03 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."