Originally Posted By: yigido
I think you take a wrong look at it. The soldiers participating in those wars or that even enlist in the army regardless of which country, is usually as said before to either learn a profession or in some cases escape poverty.
We can't put all the blame on soldiers for what happens in those wars as they don't start them. Conditions of war forces these cases of pilaging and chaos to happen. I find it hard to believe that someone that wants to protect his country joins the army for the joy of killing. What would happen if people didn't join the army when terrorists are attacking the people? ISIS? Taliban? Foreign countries invading? Talking nice wont prevent lunatics killing innocents.

I understand what you are saying. I only meant that as far as I know, war changes people for the worst. As I said previously, whatever I might think about the profession of soldier, I admit that it is nevessary due to the shitty situation the world is in. But I don't believe in knights in shining armor. It's much easier to believe in photos of bombed cities, people with their heads blown up etc.

ISIS, Taliban and other scumbags are despicable and should have never existed, but politicians exploit this fight against terrorist for their own interests. For example, the situation in Iraq. Saddam Hussein was a mass murderer, yes. But did the situation become better or worse after the greedy Bush attacked Iraq to get the oil? No Saddam now, but many terroristic groups that kill far more and are far more difficult to control and deal with. Hussein's regime was ferocious, but at least not religiously extremist to the point the ISIS and Taliban are.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."