Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane

Most that join the US Military do so not to "kill" but rather to pay for schooling, become advanced in a special job (diesel mechanic, aircraft mechanic, military police, computer technician, etc)

Are you sure? US military, Russian military, Italian military, doesn't matter which country, if you join ON YOUR OWN FREE WILL, you are no better than a mafia hitman unless your country is under attack and you have to protect you innocent compatriots.
Being a soldier is a dirty job, necessary for this imperfect world, but still dirty and not "noble" and "glorious" at all.

Tell me, why soldiers always rape women and kill civilians after the enemy army has been defeated? Even in the Second World War many Soviet soldiers enjoyed raping German women and boasted that "half of our children were born in Germany", and American soldiers in Vietnam also raped women and had no problems shooting children, while the individuals who denounced that were labeled as "traitors"? How is this different from when an informer is targeted by the mafia for "ratting"?

There are no wars today when you have to "protect you homeland". The last such war was World War 2.

I was born in Russia and I am still sick of the propaganda about how "heroic" our butchers in Chechnya are. Do you seriously think American soldiers behave more civilly when they have just conquered a village formerly owned by terrorists?

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."