Originally Posted By: Snakes
Originally Posted By: Slick587
Originally Posted By: Krsheely
So one thing I've always been curious about because I live in indy and have fam and was born in Des moines. Why does or did the outfit have such a presence in Des moines but nothing really in indy? I do know Des Moines did have a decent Italian community at one point but I wouldn't think it'd b that much of a difference

I live in Indy as well and have always heard unconfirmed reports of mob activity and/or associates in and around Indy. I don't know how true it is but I'm willing to bet at some point there were low level associates or connected guys here.

There was a crew based in Gary that reported to whoever was boss of the Heights at any given time.

Anthony Pinelli ran it until he relocated to California. Tommy Morgano then took over until he was deported in 1963 at which time it was run by Frank Zizzo for the next twenty years until his death in 1983. Bernard Morgano, Tommy's son, ran the crew until he was imprisoned in 1992. No word on who, if anyone, has run the area since.

I remember the name Bernard Morgano. I think they called him Snooky. As far as Northwest Indiana, the last I heard was that a fella by the name of Sam Nuzzo was still living in Merrillville. He'd have to be well into his 90s if he's still alive. He and his sons went to prison on a gambling indictment in the early 90s, along with Snooky Morgano.