Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
[quote=Malandrino]Forget about Gotti's and Sammy's justifications and excuses for whacking Paul. Paul was greedy, John was ambitious. He was put in a kill or be killed position. That's it.

There have been much worse bosses than Paul who haven't been shot like dogs on the street.

mal, you're absolutely right! with gotti it was kill, or be killed, it was him or paul castellano. [/quote

My feeling is this; if there is a power struggle within my own "family" I do not see why I would have to go to the commission in order to get permission to take out my leader. Secondly I would be crazy to tip them off that me, a soldier was looking to take out my boss. From what I have always read and understood about the formation of the commission, Luciano put it together, sought of like a board of directors, so that there would not be ONE boss over ALL of the families, but instead the families would work together dividing up territories and resolving differences that may arise between different families. However it has always been my understanding that when this commission was agreed upon by the heads of these families, the Boss of A family retained the right to govern his own family and resolve disputes that would arise "within" his own family. Therfore I strongly feel that if I was a member of a family, a Button man per say, and I started a revolt within the familiy itself and decided to take out my boss, I should NOT have to go to any commission to do so. If my family had a problem with another boss, and we wanted to take him out, THEN we must go to the commission to get approval. Sort of like the Bonnano / Gambino situation. These are my feelings and not anything that has been written in stone, but this is how I would interpret the "commission rules." Heck, maybe because of my interpretation they would have taken me out! DonCardi

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."