Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
great post, red zone. I keep wondering why did the guy keep count? also, I keep in mind it's a volunteer army, they all volunterred, so if another kid enlists with the purpose of going above 160 confirmed kills to get notoriety, I think this is wrong.

five felonies, I see your points, could we say that a sniper with 160 kills is a serial killer, but, the army and many people hail him as a hero? or is he just an American serviceman doing his job?

it angers a lot of people but, those who have a problem with the sniper movie, still have the right to express their feelings.

It depends on how many of the 160 that were non threatening towards him or the troops a sniper would usually watch over. I haven't seen nor read the book (I know there are a lot in the book that is up in the air if it really happened or not). Overall though, not every soldier is a hero. A sniper can be a hero if they save troop's lives from another sniper,ambush,etc. I mean really snipers have turned tides in battle's for centuries.