Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
"war on drugs"

Waste of tax dollars

since then we have little by little lost some of our constitutional rights.

On point

and I don't believe using dogs is a constitutional process. but, it makes no difference what we believe, they do it anyway,

I don't either, but I also believe as long as you are not operating a motor vehicle while on drugs or alcohol, being in possesion should not be a crime.

George bush is quoted as saying, "the constitution is a piece of paper"

Probably said that around the time the Patriot act was signed into law.
Obama probably has the same feelings, he did extend the Patriot act. It doesn't seem to matter which party in in the white house

most cops don't even know anything about the constitution.

I have family in law enforcement and a conversation I once had with one of them (been on the police force since the mid 1980's), she told me a story about how she stopped some people walking on a sidewalk around midnight asking for ID and where they were coming/going. I brought up the constitution, freedom of travel more as a question about the legality of the stop. After I said this she said more or less if you feel this way "Then you can get the f*** off my street." She felt that she had the authority to stop someone just because she is a cop regardless of what rights you have.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life