Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
I think you folks are burying the SEC far too early here, take away an simms interception, and Alabama beats OSU, the SEC is by no means close to taking a back seat to any conference.

remember that's just one national championship for any other conference in 8 years. the SEC is going to be right up there for a long time.

Not in the least bit, as I have respect for the power programs in the SEC. I do not think they are finished, but we do see the Big 10 on the upswing with the addition of Harbaugh, Franklin and Chryst. Let's face it, Ole Miss and Miss St played out of their ass and when the schedule got tough around week 8, they got hammered. I think both programs have done a nice job, but in no way will they compete with BAMA, LSU, AUB, FLA. These have been the top 4 SEC teams. Granted, FLA and LSU had a few down years, but their recruiting is still great. Georgia perplexes me and so does the extension of Mark Richt's contract. As for the other SEC teams, they're right there in the middle of the pack like Pac 12, Big 12 and Big 10 teams are year in and year out. Also, keep in mind that the BCS computer ratings and picks were a bullshit way of choosing who plays in the big game. However, I will give credit to the SEC for the wild success that they have had. The SEC will compete for the playoffs every year, but this levels the playing field a bit having a playoff. IMO, I think it should go to at least 6 teams, and would be ideal with the top 8.

Last edited by Oscarthedago; 01/14/15 01:20 PM.

As Uncle Charlie used to say, "Never get into pissing matches with skunks."