Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Chopper2012
I can read just fine buddy

Really? Let's see...

Quote:
and you know very well what you said

Yes, I do know what I said. You apparently don't. Which is why you're creating strawman arguments and attributing them to me.

Quote:
what you are saying is just the same as excusing the acts of terrorists.

How can that be when the very first thing I said was I don't excuse their acts?

Quote:
'Evil people killing evil people' remember? Fuck that.

That's exactly what it was. On one extreme you have medieval (to use your word), bloodthirsty Muslim terrorists. On the other end you have Godless, secular West Europeans. I see evil on both sides. However, that doesn't mean I'm equating the evil or saying they deserved to die. I'm simply saying the Charlie Hebdo victims weren't innocent and certainly not heroes.

Quote:
And no I didn't miss you were talking about Charlie and not those poor people in the supermarket

Then why did you bring them up? Strawman.

Quote:
but my point is that when you start excusing animals for their behavior, like you are doing in the case of those bastards killing the people from Charlie, where does it end? But I guess you missed that.

As I've explained above, I'm not excusing anything. Just looking at the whole picture. As I also said, nobody is harder on these terrorists than I am. I'm the guy who wanted every prisoner in Guantanamo Bay executed rather than house, feed, and clothe them indefinitely.

You know what Ivy, I do believe you hate terrorists and you think they deserve to die. On the other hand, I also stand by my point that your comments, to me, sound like you also think the people at Charlie deserved to die. Maybe you do, maybe you don't. We won't come to an agreement about that, and life is way too short to start a ten page discussion.

For me, this shit hits pretty close to home, (I live in 'godless' Amsterdam but I'm in Paris a lot and it's just a 4 hour drive) in a time when I'm already very concerned about the millions of Arab immigrants on our continent who seem to hate us and do not respect our culture and traditions. So maybe I did overreact to your comments.

If you would take one advice from me, we're not all godless liberals around here and if you ever decide to visit I think you'll find that our cultures are not that different.

Last edited by Chopper2012; 01/13/15 05:33 AM.