Originally Posted By: Chopper2012
I can read just fine buddy

Really? Let's see...

Quote:
and you know very well what you said

Yes, I do know what I said. You apparently don't. Which is why you're creating strawman arguments and attributing them to me.

Quote:
what you are saying is just the same as excusing the acts of terrorists.

How can that be when the very first thing I said was I don't excuse their acts?

Quote:
'Evil people killing evil people' remember? Fuck that.

That's exactly what it was. On one extreme you have medieval (to use your word), bloodthirsty Muslim terrorists. On the other end you have Godless, secular West Europeans. I see evil on both sides. However, that doesn't mean I'm equating the evil or saying they deserved to die. I'm simply saying the Charlie Hebdo victims weren't innocent and certainly not heroes.

Quote:
And no I didn't miss you were talking about Charlie and not those poor people in the supermarket

Then why did you bring them up? Strawman.

Quote:
but my point is that when you start excusing animals for their behavior, like you are doing in the case of those bastards killing the people from Charlie, where does it end? But I guess you missed that.

As I've explained above, I'm not excusing anything. Just looking at the whole picture. As I also said, nobody is harder on these terrorists than I am. I'm the guy who wanted every prisoner in Guantanamo Bay executed rather than house, feed, and clothe them indefinitely.

Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45
Yes Ivy it is a right. Morality aside, our society is based upon the principle of saying whatever you want whenever you want, with the exception of incite to riot. Why do you think the Supreme Court ruled in favor of those assholes in the Westboro Baptist Church? Because as sick and twisted as they are, they are protected under the law. I'd smash a brick on their faces, but it wouldn't change the fact they have the ultimate right to say and protest whatever and whenever they want.

Once again, I'm not arguing about their right to say it. I'm saying having "the right" to say it doesn't automatically mean it's right to say it. The Westboro jerks are a good example. They may have the freedom of speech to say what they do but I think most would agree what they say, and how they say it, is wrong.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.