Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: pmac
we read about the colombos, they would have killed this guy.

Like they killed Chris Paciello and Big Dino and Joey Caves?

I say it here all the time, pmac. I lived four houses away from Vinny for years. My daughters grew up with his sons, and I don't sugarcoat his life in the slightest. He had a terrible habit of adopting strays (but that also shows that he has some good in him, which not all gangsters have). And feeling bad for this mutt Cicale is the biggest mistake he ever made in his life. And the bottom line with the mob is, you play you pay.

But let's not go crazy here with with the Colombos. They've had more rats than any family in the history of the New York Mafia, and not all of them have been hit. So for you to speculate that "they would have killed this guy" is just silly. Chris Paciello is living the high life on Ocean Drive. When Big Dino and that piece of shit Competiello get their releases they'll probably end up working as hotel greeters for him.

Meanwhile, Little Dino becomes eligible for release in 2052. That's 38 years from now. He's 42, so he might come home at 80 years old, if he lives that long. And your favorite mob blogger probably won't survive the ten years he has left. He's only 62, but I've heard that the diabetes is getting really, really bad now. And I wouldn't want to get a flu shot in Federal Prison, let alone a major illness.

It's a stacked deck. You get your occasional win here and there. But the Feds have been batting .900 at trial for TWO HUNDRED YEARS. That's not gonna change. It's an unfair and fucked up system when murderers get to write books and prosper. But it's not gonna change. Like I said, the Feds stack the deck in their favor, and they win most of the time. It is what it is.

great post, young man, everything you said is true.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"