Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Well buddy, obviously you are well aware know since you mentioned them, the first crusades was started by the Catholic church. I am not saying that Islam does not have violent extremists they do, violence is in every religion because of violent individuals. Christianity for example crusades, 30 years war, Catholics and protestants in Ireland, the Inquisition. In the US the KKK and bombings at abortion clinics but you don't go about saying the Christianity is evil, certain people are evil and they can use religions as way to justify it. Buddhist monks in Myanmar are killing women in children, but you don't go condemn all of Buddhism.

Also buddy I was using being against a Federal government as an example of how slippery a slope as "vaguely related to terrorism" is. I apologize for not using the correct language or punctuation for you to interpret it that way. But I do indeed believe in a limited Federal government with more power to the states and individuals. I don't believe the power of the military should be in the hands of our elected officials because they don't act in the interest of the people they were elected to represent. Is it not the failed foreign policy of the Federal government that allows terrorism to flourish they way it has?

I am not debating on if Christianity has had it's dark years, or centuries for that matter, because everyone knows that we have had more than our fair share of blood on our hands due to the Spanish inquisition and crusades hundreds of years ago. Nor do I care to justify it, because I was not alive during that time period. The difference is that Christianity hasn't maintained a constant violence throughout recent history, where as Islamic radicals have used it as an excuse to condone their actions.

You are a bit off base on the "religious war" that has been waged in Ireland for the past century. Predominantly, the Irish are Catholics. The British, that are more protestant mind you, during the height of their empire invaded and took over Ireland. Is it Catholics vs Protestants? If you choose to run along those lines then you may be able to justify that cause. But anyone educated on the struggles of Ireland understands it is nothing more than the People of Ireland trying to rid the Brits from their land, they are fighting the same war America did for independence, except its 200 years later.

As well as for the KKK; you do know that Catholics were not allowed to join and Catholicism was one of the first principle stands the KKK stood for before they completely drifted to pure white trash and accept any warm body as long as it is "white"?

Let's move onto foreign policy. What would you have us do? As the world's predominant superpower, we have no choice but to be involved in every facet of life that neither you nor I care about in the middle east. Why? To maintain our presence on the worlds stage. Simply stopping commerce with countries that produce terrorism will only open the door to Russia, Iran, China, and North Korea to extend their own agendas and political influences to countries we turn our backs to.

Terrorism will flourish as long as we are the superpower. Why? Because we cannot fight them the way they fight us. What this reverts back to are the international laws that we signed in accordance with other nations such as the Geneva conventions and the rules of war. Terrorists can go out and mutilate humans that do not share their views and not face the same backlash as if America went out and mutilated anyone who was considered a terrorist. Terrorists do not fly the flag of a nation, yet hide behind religion out of pure jealousy and cowardice. Any man with leadership abilities can raise a standing army and build a nation or coalition to challenge the US, yet they do not.

Terrorists hide behind the statement that they want all "western influence" out of the middle east for peace. For conversations sake if we were to give these inbred infidels that, do you really think the killings and beheadings would stop? No, they would revert to killing each other going back to what ISIS was doing, eliminating their own that did not comply with their needs. Our government sees that, its why we haven't bowed down to Radical Islam.

These people have fought anyone and anything in accordance to their religion for Millenniums, it has been bred into them. For the world to defeat Radical Islam it would take all nations to stand up against senseless violence, along with the "Good Muslims" (Who for a majority secretly support these guys anyways. It's their religion after all.) So let's face it that's not happening.

Give it another 80-100 years when a child from a generation not yet born has experienced nothing but attacks, hatred and oppression from Muslims. That kid will be the second coming of Hitler, doing away with Muslims like Hitler did to the Jews.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"