Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
these people that kill like they did in france deserve no mercy. when captured they should face a firing squad, instead of wasting time on a long trial.

swift justice and firing squads might help stop some of the violence. anyone agree?

Now I don't know the laws in France so I can't speak on that, but let's say this was happening in the US they should be executed without trial? Forget civil liberties and the constitution, just take these murderers and shoot them? Where does it end then? Should we just go and shoot anyone who commits a crime without due process?

I'm not condoning violence, my hope is that these murderers are brought to justice. But our country was founded on the rights of citizens and once you take the rights away from people because of crimes they commit, what is stopping the powers that be from taking more rights away (like they are currently doing) under the guise of public safety.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life