Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Told you, some of what youre saying isnt accurate. Which is why its hard for me to buy what youre saying regarding recent Philly. But thats just me, my opinion probably doesnt nor should it matter to you. The 5-8 guys comment comes from the guys mentioned in some articles as being active. Jackie Giacolone, but I'll excuse him since hes the boss. Tony La Piana, Tony Pal, Specs Tocco, the D'annas prior to their indictment, theres a few more which escape me. But thats 5 guys right there that are still reportedly active in Detroit. Go on Real Deal right now, click a Philly-Merlino thread, any which you like, you'll see the 40-45 total membership estimations. This has gone on far too long, nothing against you, but i just dont find your info regarding Philly to be very accurate.

I'll just agree to disagree.

Even if you want to dispute the exact year some of the guys I listed were made, it's apparent to anyone that the Philadelphia family has continued to make new members in recent years. So you were wrong on that. I can't really go on the Real Deal anymore but who are these 40-45 member estimates by? And you're basing your 5-8 active member claim for Detroit by some articles you read, as if any or all of them gave an all inclusive list?

This all started when you asked if Detroit is "on the same level" as Philadelphia. It isn't.

First, the total membership size of the Philadelphia family is probably twice that of Detroit. And even if you want to go with only active members (which is difficult to do), the number of active Philadelphia members probably is close to the total Detroit membership.

Second, looking at the indictments alone, those in Philadelphia have been far bigger and more consistent in recent years (whether you want to look at the last 5, 10, or more) than in Detroit.

Except for perhaps the exact year some of the guys I listed were made (which didn't prove my point wrong since there obviously plenty who have been made in recent years) what else about Philadelphia have I said that's wrong?

You seem to have felt you were backed into a corner (which wasn't the case) and now you're holding onto this point about Philadelphia not being any different than Detroit and it's demonstrably untrue.

As for my "rep," on these forums, I suppose it depends on who you ask. There are certainly those, including on the Real Deal forum, who continue to hold a grudge against me because I proved them wrong in any number of arguments.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.