Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
@KJ

There's a large Albanian Muslim population here in the Bronx. I have one as a partner in one of my buildings. And you only have to hear how he curses these assholes for giving them all a bad name. It reminds me of the way my grandfather would bitch about the Mafia giving all Italians a bad name.

I know a couple of Albanians, most of them are from Kosovo (which is widely viewed as the more "backwards" Albanian majority area). But while a certain portion of them is involved in crime -mostly within their own community- they're in general not a problem or a threat for the indigenous community. Most of them aren't really religious anyway, or at least not strict. Nationalistic as hell? That's a different story lol

Same goes for Turks. Like the Albanians, they mostly keep to their own community. Most of them are in fact hardworking. Over here you often get stereotypical remarks about the "lazy Turk", but in my opinion this is completely untrue. The vast majority of them have steady jobs and I guess a lot of people confuse them with Moroccans. I honestly don't know the reason for that because I can tell the difference between a Turk and a Moroccan in a heartbeat. Radical Islamism with Turks is -over here anyway- almost non-existant. Once in a while you may get the odd one out, but in general I don't mind Albanians and Turks at all.