Originally Posted By: fergie
Or never ever have been carrying a lethal weapon in the first place, which is my point. I'll bet there are millions of idiots like this just ticking down to the day when they have a brain fart and shoot somebody else

I'm not really sure how we went from a woman not using the proper precautions necessary when carrying a firearm that led to her innocent child that didn't understand right from wrong accidentally kill his mother to someone having a brain fart and murdering another human being?? confused

I hope for the child's sake, he or she is too young to remember this. This is a pure tragedy that could have been avoided due to proper handling and safety techniques.

I also do not understand your previous post where you say:

"sooner or later, ignoring the steady accidents, it just escalates the violence."

I don't think anything violent will come from this incident, it wasn't a disturbed child mad at his parents seeking revenge.

Believe it or not, the Second Amendment was not made for hunting, clay shooting, gang-banging, or furtherance of a criminal enterprise. The founding fathers established this amendment for the citizens to fight back if the government became too oppressive and tyrannical.

I'm with you on the criminals and the gangs shouldn't be allowed to have weapons. And to be honest, if your a felon in the US, t's jail time if your caught carrying a firearm (Usually). The problem is that a criminal will be a criminal, he or she will break the law out of their own free will regardless of what the rules are. I look at it as our politicians trying to "punish the good with the bad" like it was in grade school when they talk about doing away with the Second Amendment.

And don't look at this as me trying to start a fight. I'm trying to understand your reasoning for your views, not prove a point. Our countries are basically bi-polar opposites when it comes to gun control. I'm interested to learn how things work across the pond. smile

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"